The Bulamu Mission
Bulamu, in the local Luganda language, means the health and well-being of the entire person.
Bulamu’s Mission: To improve the well-being of rural Ugandans by providing affordable, accessible primary healthcare and related services.
Bulamu’s Basic Values
- A Human Right: Operate with the underlying belief that access to professional healthcare is a basic human right.
- Local Solutions: Build in-country organizational strength in Africa that can ultimately operate independently of foreign help.
- Operational Excellence: Find the lowest-cost model for providing needed services and deliver them with continuously improving operational excellence.
- Culture of Caring: Create an organizational culture that puts the patient first, is consistently caring, turns no one in need away, and attracts dedicated employees and volunteers committed to our mission.
- Information Driven: Use information technology to collect needed patient data, track outcomes, facilitate follow-up care and prove the efficacy of our activities.
- Evolve Toward Sustainability: Leverage our week-long medical camp model in moving toward economic self-sufficiency while working effectively with local institutions.
- Spiritual Health: Provide faith-based counseling as a component in the process of acceptance, treatment, and recovery from disease.
- Do the Right Thing: Operate according to our Code of Conduct that stresses always doing the right thing, without compromise.